Aerial View of City


The Oxford Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre (OSARCC) is the local rape crisis centre (see FAQs). collective of women committed to supporting survivors of sexual abuse, rape, domestic abuse, and harassment.

They offer:

  • a confidential listening service via. phone call, text and email

  • ISVAs (Independent Sexual Violence Advisors) (see FAQs)

  • counselling (max 20 sessions, waiting time >1 year)

  • support groups

for a confidential listening space

call 0800 783 6294

text 07537 432 442

email support@osarcc.org.uk

for everything else (referrals, admin, etc.)

call 01865 725311

email admin@osarcc.org.uk

Churchill Hospital

Churchill Hospital is the site of the main sexual health / genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic in Oxford.

As well as general sexual health support (including self-test kits) and contraception, they also provide sexual assault support services. These include:

  • Emotional support and advice

  • STI testing and management

  • HIV risk assessment and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEPSE)

  • Hepatitis B vaccination

  • Emergency contraception and ongoing contraception

  • Pregnancy testing

Call 01865 231231 to book a telephone consultation/in-clinic appointment. An urgent same-day or next-day in-clinic appointment can be made. You do NOT need to make an appointment via your GP.

Churchill Hospital

Old Rd


Oxford OX3 7LE

Victims First

Victims First provides free emotional and practical support to all victims and witnesses of crime. as well as family members of victims. It is available across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire and can provide help regardless of whether or not the crime has been reported to the police. We have a number of specialist services which include help for victims of sexual violence and domestic abuse. 

Call 0300 1234 148

or complete their online referral form

Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Helpline

Call 0800 731 0055

Open between 10 am and 7 pm on weekdays

Free and will not show up on telephone bill

Alternatively, email


If you or someone you know is currently experiencing or has experienced abuse from a partner, ex-partner or family member in Oxfordshire or West Berkshire, trained staff can offer emotional support, confidential advice and guidance as well as practical support, including a safe place to stay (refuge) and/or access to the High Risk and Court Independent Domestic Violence Advisory (IDVA) Service (if necessary).

The Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Helpline is run by A2Dominion. They work with victims to empower them to make decisions regarding their relationship, irrespective of whether they wish to leave or not.


An Oxford-based Facebook group where you can post if you feel uncomfortable being followed in a street to warn other people. Let’s rely on each other to feel safer and less alone walking in Oxford!


SOLACE is the sexual assault referral centre (SARC) of Oxfordshire (see FAQs). They offer forensic medical examinations to collect evidence, allowing survivors the flexibility to choose to report to police in the future, even if they aren't ready to right now.


They also provide emergency medical and practical support for recent victims of rape or sexual assault.


There is no expectation to report to the police, and forensics can be stored for up to two years.

They have two locations, one in Bicester and one in Slough. Bicester is the closest.

Call their 24/7 hotline 0800 970 9952 before travelling to their location.

Solace SARC - Bicester
Police House
Queens Avenue
OX26 2NT

Emergency Department (A&E)

​If someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk, call 999 for an ambulance immediately.  If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service 18000 or text 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

Otherwise, to access NHS healthcare services and alert the A&E of your arrival, call 111. If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service 18001 111

Call 111 if you suspect you have been exposed to an infection and the GUM clinic in Churchill Hospital is out-of-hours,


If exposed to  HIV, you can take medication afterwards, called Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEPSE), to stop you from getting HIV. The earlier you take PEPSE, the better (preferably within hours rather than days).


Other infections, such as herpes, may need treatment within days of symptoms first appearing.

John Radcliffe Hospital

Headley Way, Headington,
Oxford OX3 9DU
Tel: 0300 304 7777

Horton General Hospital

Oxford Road,
Banbury OX16 9AL
Tel: 0300 304 7777

Safe Haven

Offers short-term additional support out-of-hours for people in Oxfordshire, who are over 18 and experiencing a mental health crisis.

The service is currently offering a mixed model of support (telephone, garden group work and face to face sessions).

Call 01865 903037

Email oxonsafehaven@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk

Flag DV

Support service for domestic abuse victims in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Hampshire.​


  • free legal advice session (to access, fill out the referral form on their website) (click here)

  • financial aid to help with legal costs (click here)

  • directory of useful resources and services (click here)

Open to women, LGBTQ+ individuals and men affected by domestic abuse.

Thames Valley Police

Thames Valley Police is the police force covering the counties of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire.

If someone is in immediate danger or if a crime has just happened, call 999.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service 18000 or text 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

You can report a crime (e.g. harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, spiking):

  • online (click here)

  • via. a phone call (call 101, open 24/7)

  • by visiting a police station

For information about:

  • how to report domestic abuse, click here

  • what happens after a report of sexual violence, click here.

Clare's Law gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them. To make a Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (DVDS) application, click here.

For information on how to apply for an injunction, a special court order that can protect you or your children from being harmed or threatened (non-molestation order) or prevent someone from living or entering your home (occupation order), click here.

To give information anonymously, use CrimeStoppers